Under the NSW RMS scheme for historic vehicles, Historic Vehicle Plates and a Conditional Registration Permit may be approved for a Saab Car Club of Australia (NSW) member’s vehicle if:
- It is at least thirty years old
- The member’s prime intended use is for club events.
- You must be a financial member of the Saab Car club NSW (see SCCA rules)
- The vehicle must be covered by Third Party Property Insurance, as a minimum.
- For members living more than 200 km from Sydney they will only be required to attend 2 events in the previous 12 months, not 3
Classic Vehicle Scheme (CVS)
The Club has the ability to offer Classic Vehicle Scheme (CVS) registration based on similar conditions to HCRS (12 month membership requirement, attendance at 3 or more events in the prior 12 months, vehicle over 30 years etc.).
Applications must be in compliance with all RMS regulations and approved by both the Club and The Council of Motor Clubs before submission to RMS. All members applying for CVS registration will require approval from the Club HCRS/CVS Scrutineer concerning legitimacy and requirements for engineering before applications will be stamped by the Club.
Bruce Hodgins – HCRS Registrar – Please email via contact form
Stephen Emanuel – HCRS Scrutineer – Please call (02) 9627 6834 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri) or email via contact form